By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sign In
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Maratha quota row: Supriya Sule urges Mahayuti govt to convene Assembly session – World News Network
Share
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Maratha quota row: Supriya Sule urges Mahayuti govt to convene Assembly session – World News Network
National

Maratha quota row: Supriya Sule urges Mahayuti govt to convene Assembly session – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 31, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], August 31 (ANI): Nationalist Congress Party (SP) MP Supriya Sule on Sunday urged the BJP-led Mahayuti government to convene a special Assembly session to resolve the Maratha quota issue.
Sule appealed to the state government to uphold its slogan of ‘Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas.’
“I have been demanding that there should be a dialogue in a democracy. The (state) government has received such a huge mandate. I humbly request that the Chief Minister and the two Deputy Chief Ministers of Maharashtra convene an assembly session and take a decision immediately. ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vishwas’ is their own line, right?” Sule told reporters.
Earlier in the day, Mumbai Police allowed Maratha activist Manoj Jarange Patil to continue his protest at Azad Maidan for another day.
Patil, on a hunger strike for three days, has vowed not to drink water until his demand for a 10 per cent reservation for Marathas under the OBC category is accepted.
The agitation has mounted pressure on the Mahayuti government, which has formed a 10-member ministerial committee led by Maharashtra Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil to hold talks with stakeholders.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar said the state government is working on a “war footing” to resolve the issue.
The opposition Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) has extended support to the protest.
Nationalist Congress Party (SP) chief Sharad Pawar suggested a constitutional amendment to lift the 50 per cent cap on reservation, a view echoed by Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut.
Dy CM Ajit Pawar, however, took a dig at Sharad Pawar, pointing out that leaders raising such suggestions had themselves been in the government for a long time. “Those who are speaking now have themselves been in government for a long time, so please don’t force us to get into all those things. All of them are respected and experienced leaders,” Pawar told reporters in Pune earlier.
Sanjay Raut targeted Union Home Minister Amit Shah, saying he should personally meet Manoj Jarange Patil. “The entire issue of reservations falls under the purview of the Home Ministry. He should leave his ego and take responsibility,” Raut told reporters in Mumbai. Raut further stated that it was the responsibility of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to end the protest and speak directly with Jarange Patil at Azad Maidan.
Jarange Patil has been pressing to include all Marathas under the Kunbi category, a sub-caste classified under the OBC category, which will help the community avail of the benefits of reservation in government jobs and education.
Earlier, while addressing supporters on Friday, Patil accused the Mahayuti government of failing to address the community’s demands. “If the government enters our territory, the Marathas will enter theirs. If you cause us trouble, we will cause you trouble when we come there,” he warned.
Deputy CM Eknath Shinde defended the government’s efforts and accused the opposition of politicising the agitation. (ANI)


Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

“Heartening to see this”: FICCI president welcomes growth figures of GDP – World News Network

“If leader of party is not interested in any debate except… “: Kiren Rijiju – World News Network

J-K: Heavy rain leaves roads blocked in Kupwara village – World News Network

J-k: More than 200 people rescued in Kathua amid flood damage – World News Network

NGT reviews encroachments, floodplain demarcation of Rispana River in Uttarakhand – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Delhi HC directs Centre to appoint woman candidate against unfilled Air Force flying vacancy – World News Network
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Credit for building secular and a-religious Karnataka goes to Urs community: DK Shivakumar – World News Network
National August 31, 2025
Women’s safety top priority: CM Yogi directs officials to active Anti-Romeo Squads across all districts – World News Network
National August 31, 2025
“Unparliamentary and objectionable”: BJP hits out at Mahua Moitra’s remarks against Amit Shah – World News Network
National August 31, 2025
Guwahati to host roadshow for ‘India Maritime Week 2025’ – World News Network
National August 31, 2025

Sports

Indian Super League: Tournament’s most heated rivalries – World News Network
Sports
“We have to perform for the nation”: Rasmita Sahoo shares ‘proud moment’ after interaction with PM Modi – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Videos
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Press Release
  • Press Release Distribution Packages

Entertainment

“We both felt like it was time”: Devon Walker on his SNL exit – World News Network
Entertainment
‘Pavitra Rishta’ actor Priya Marathe dies at 38, brother Subodh Bhave pays emotional tribute – World News Network
Entertainment
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Follow US
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?